Friday, October 28, 2011

Kindergarten Soccer

I LOVE kindergarten soccer.  I couldn't wait for Austin to sign up just so we could go watch.  It's the cutest thing ever.  A bunch of five year olds running around kicking a ball that may or may not go in the right direction.  They just find pure enjoyment from the running and kicking.

Austin's team this year was the Crocodiles.



I love his "running start" to kick the ball.  Watching Austin run is like watching happiness.


Being goalie wasn't his favorite but he always gave it his best effort which I was really proud of.


The best part of kindergarten soccer is watching the kids move like a pack down the field following the ball.  It cracks me up.  The other part is that there's no "I'm better than you" attitude.  And it doesn't matter who wins or loses, everyone has fun.  I don't think Austin knew half the time if he won or lost a game.  All he knew was that he got to run around and kick a ball with a bunch of his friends.  I've never seen him so happy.

1 comment:

Ross and Kathy said...

Ah, to be young and carefree.