Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Bounty of Books

I guess I tend to take pictures of things Evelyn loves. Maybe it's better to just remember the good stuff? Evelyn loves to look at books. She will make a nice pile of them on the floor by this Fuff chair and then look through each page of each book. Of course she throws them on the floor when she's done so some of them are not in as nice of a condition as I would like. But I think I would rather feed her love of pictures than worry about ripped pages.  And it buys me a few moments of peace to get something done, also worth the sacrifice.




The kids often take turns reading to her when they're home from school. It's something I love to see, especially when Eden and Austin can take a turn. What a wonderful thing it is to read!  Which is why I am grateful to my sister Breanne for feeding my own addiction. She keeps me freshly stocked with books to keep me sane when I might otherwise lose my marbles in this crazy house. I have a lot of favorites now but two that I've read lately are These Is My Words by Nancy Turner and The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.

Pictures taken March 4, 2012

2 comments:

Ross and Kathy said...

Maybe she's a genius.

Breanne said...

It's hard to keep up with such voracious readers!