Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Morning Walk

Thursday March 29 was a beautiful day so I took Evelyn for a little walk to go see the horse down at the end of the road and the baby cows. I was also secretly trying to wear her out so she would take a good nap. :)

She walked most of the way to the horse and insisted that I didn't hold her hand. I'm not sure how I feel about my one year old exerting her independence already. When I picked her up to carry her the last block or so to the horse she threw a fit but it was for her own good. We had to walk along the road and there are often cars that go fast right there.

The horse was so happy to see us. He kept nuzzling into Evelyn's head an smelling her. I guess I'm not the only one that loves that baby smell. She wasn't a fan, though, since his nose was almost as big as her head.



It was hard to get a good picture one handed. Sorry about the sun in the next one but I love Evelyn's face. She really wasn't too keen on him sniffing her.


So we went around the corner to see the baby cows.


Evelyn's a big talker. I wish you could here all the jabber she was making about these cows. The babies seemed to be just as curious about her as she was about them.



When we turned to leave one even followed us most of the way back along the fence. It was really cute.



Evelyn is such a good walker now. And by the way, she took a great nap after this.

3 comments:

Stephanie T said...

Lauren, you are making miss Utah mountains and the crisp, fresh spring air. Evelyn is really, really cute!

Nikki Jenson said...

Sooooo cute!

Ross and Kathy said...

Pretty Cool.