Sunday, June 29, 2008

Can Miracles Happen Twice?

Yesterday I noticed the bathroom door was closed and I asked who was in there. Cameron said she was helping Austin go to the bathroom. I thought it was something like a few days ago when Eden tried to help him go to the bathroom after he had already messed in his diaper. That wasn't fun to clean up, but Cameron is a little more careful so I thought I would wait and see what happened. Turns out, Austin actually went poop in the potty! Holy cow, I couldn't believe it. What a fluke I thought.

Well, I just walked by the bathroom again and saw Austin sitting on the toilet surrounded by Dad, Cameron, and Eden. Ryan looks at me and says, "Austin's going pee in the potty." I think God must have decided that it's my time to leave this planet because my family no longer needs me. If they can potty train without me I must be done. If only that were true. Anyway, potty training is a long hard process and Austin isn't even two yet so my dilemma is, do I run with this? Is he really ready? I guess I'll just have to give it a go and see.

Eden was this same age when she was begging to be potty trained and it only took 10 days. I thought she was a miracle child but maybe it's possible Austin will be the same way. Maybe miracles do happen twice.

7 comments:

The Lowe Fam said...

You'll have to let me know how it goes....I'll be truly amazed (and jealous) if he is potty-trained soon. Just imagine how much you could save in diapers! Did I tell you Bailey and I are coming out to visit July 17th-22nd? I'm so excited to see you guys! Love, Deb

The Lowe Fam said...

I forgot to mention how beautiful and tan you look in your picture!

Dani said...

Ditto on Deb's comment...I was just noticing how tan and amazing you look too!

And good luck with that second miracle...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that he is ready and that it really can be that easy!

Karin said...

That is awesome! Ethan has been running to the bathroom and holding himself. I don't know what to do with that either. I've never had a child be so ready. Crazy stuff!(:

Amanda said...

Hi Lauren! I say run with it! Dylan was that young too when he decided he didn't want to wear a diaper anymore so I decide to try to potty train and he was so easy! One day he just refused to let me put a diaper back on him and that was the last time he ever wore a diaper! I think it is true that when they are ready they are ready! Good Luck!!!

Amy said...

How awesome is that! I love modern day miracles!!!

misha~sha-sha said...

I HATE YOU....Maddox is past 3 and refuses to use the potty. Not fair! Do you think your kids could come over and potty train him for me?