Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Welcome to Poolenalena




Poolenalena is the name of my Grandparents home in Makena, Maui. They lived there for a little over 25 years until they passed away in 2002. My Aunt took care of them during their last few years and lives there now.

I have been coming to this home as long as I can remember. I remember diving in these waves, watching sunsets off the deck and listening to the waves crash as I tried to sleep at night. I also have special memories of making creatures out of sea shells with my grandpa and listening to my grandma as she washed dishes in the kitchen, which has an incredible view of the pacific ocean.

One of my favorite memories was waking up to a quiet house at 5 am and watching the lighthouse blink off the nearest island. Adam and I would play Othello until everyone woke up. Then after a quick breakfast we would run down to the beach and start making sand castles.

Life in this home has always been peaceful and serene. It has been a paradise that I have looked forward to coming to so many times over the years.

No comments: