Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Kuaui and the Napali Coast

On Friday morning we headed north to Hanalei Bay and the end of the road. It was the wetter side of the island and a very rainy morning. But there were cool caves to explore...


We managed to find a nice beach for snorkeling and swam around for about an hour. I'm really going to miss swimming in the ocean. There's nothing like floating in crystal clear water that's 80 degrees.
Sometimes here the jungle takes over.

With all the fun we had I still missed the kids. I tried to call them everyday and it was such a comfort to know they were doing well. Dallin was a huge help to Erika and Grandma. One night he told me that Eden was crying because she missed us so he told her he missed us too but that we would be home soon. Then he sang You Are My Sunshine, the song Ryan always sings to the kids, and she went right to sleep. There were so many people who helped us with the kids while we were gone. I will be forever grateful.

The Napali Coast.

We got to sit out on our balcony as the boat sailed past the Napali Coast. There are no roads there so the only way you can see it is from sea or from the air. I thought we got a pretty good view. It was fun to get to do all these things with the Cutlers. They had us laughing all week.



Dinner was still a lot of fun every night. Here is Kim Gronneman and his wife Marilyn. Kim is the one who invited Ryan and I on the trip.

Our waiters were so patient and good humored.

And of course Dave and Kathy were being good sports.


Only one day left, but with all the fun we had I was ready to head home.

1 comment:

mreay said...

Oh how fun!! Seeing these pics reminds me of our trip there. It is so beautiful...nothing like it in the world. Looks like you guys had a great time...memories to last forever :D