Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Monumental Day

Eden and Austin started preschool today. My initial thoughts were of all the things I was going to get done in the two hours I had while they were in school. But after I dropped off Eden and headed towards Austin's teachers house I was overwhelmed by the memory of one year ago today. I dropped off Eden for her first day of preschool and Austin began to cry. He wanted to go to preschool too. He begged me to let him go to Eden's preschool with her but I told him he had to wait... just one more year. Today, it's been a year.

I'm not sure why but I got really emotional about it. I think it's because this is sort of the beginning... of the rest of my life. My time at home with babies is over and the years of time for myself again are coming back. It's sort of a shocking feeling. But I also feel really proud of my kids who are excited to go to school and learn and make friends. I'm glad they are confident and growing in their independence. Obviously, Austin doesn't have issues about going to school without his mom...


2 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, they are so big! I can't believe even Austin is in pre-school now. Enjoy some of the time you have for you. You deserve it!

Stephanie T said...

It must feel weird after being attached for the past decade to have 2 hours of freedom. I can only imagine, and sometimes dream:-)
Are you still doing joyschool?