Sunday, May 1, 2011

Farm Fieldtrip

Last week I got to go with Eden's class on a fieldtrip to a local sheep farm.  It was a  chilly spring day but we were glad it didn't snow, which it did later in the week.  I'm pretty sure I learned more than the kids about sheep, and lamb, particularly "lamb chops".  The family's oldest son also explained to me the different cuts and quality's of beef and the difference between organic, free range grain fed, and strictly grain fed beef.  It was very enlightening.



The kids got to pet some of the newly shorn sheep and learned all about the family's oldest son's steer Curly Bill.




I thought it was pretty funny that the girls were so excited to brush Curly Bill's hair.


Eden's kindergarten class.

1 comment:

Ross and Kathy said...

I'm Soooooooooooooo jealous.