Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day actually started on Saturday.  Ryan put in a drip line and we bought some flowers to put in front of the house which is something I've wanted for two years.  Then Saturday night Ryan got reservations at my favorite restaurant The Foundry Grill at Sundance.  I love it because it's quiet and it smells good and the food is fantastic.  We took Evelyn with us and she was a perfect angel.  Ryan got these sweet pictures on his phone.



On Sunday morning Ryan made waffles for me and the kids and I opened presents.  I got this awesome book called Sauces by James Peterson because I've been wanting to learn how to make sauces.  (I've been watching a little too much Chopped on the Food Network).  It may take me a while, though, since the book is almost 600 pages!

Dallin made me a really cool yellow necklace at school.

Cameron wrote me an amazing poem:

I Love You Mom the Orangest


I love you, Mom, the orangest,
I love you the color of a bright orange peach,
the apricots and oranges on a tree.
I love you the color of the sun's glowing smile,
and a bright beautiful sunset that
stretches on for a mile.
The color of your spirit, oh, how it glows,
and the color of the sand on a bright sunny day.
The color of a pencil, to write the books you read,
and the color of a beach ball, riding the waves,
of the pool you once swam in to play water polo.
I love you, Mom, the orangest.

Eden made a sweet book all about me.  It says (with translations in parenthesis)...

My wadrfl mom (My Wonderful Mom)

This is my mom.  She is 71.
My mom likes to Be By Hr Salf (herself) and go on a date.
My mom is like a Hors cas shE wrx had.  (My mom is like a horse cause she works hard).
My mom likes miny pesea (mini pizza).
Me and my mom like to make schradare (strawberry) Jam.
Dear mom, thakes for apretheg you are the beset. (thanks for everything you are the best)
Love Eden

My name is Eden Smith.  I like to plae (play). I am 6. I haf a pat cat. (I have a pet cat).

This was so cute it made me laugh and cry at the same time.  It's amazing the things the kids notice about me. And in case you were wondering, it's all true (except for being 71).

In preschool Austin made two hands that were attached by a long piece of yarn that said "I love you this much".  Then in primary he wrote me this letter (again translations in parenthesis)...

Mom
Fram Austin (from Austin)

urthebst (you are the best)
ilavu (I love you)
th End (the end)

I had no idea he could write so well all by himself!

I had a wonderful day, including having my mom over for dinner, but was a little exhausted after all the festivities.  I must be getting old (maybe I really am 71).

2 comments:

Ross and Kathy said...

Sounds like a really good couple of days.

Erin said...

What a wonderful day(s)! You'll have to let me know how you like the book. I'm obsessed with Chopped too! Love that show!