Thursday, July 7, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Cameron made sure I still had an awesome birthday after my race.  She took Ryan shopping to pick out a present for me and even called him Friday night to make sure he picked up my favorite Chocolate Chip Mint ice cream cake.



Cameron and Ryan thought I would love new dishes.  They were right!


Dallin worked really hard for a couple of weeks to make a framed picture for me for my birthday.  It has a photo of our family in the center and then stitchery words that say We Love Our Mom.  Then he had each kid write their name and a note to me on the fabric around the picture.  It was so sweet and thoughtful and I love it.  It inspired Eden to make something for me too, although Dallin had to help her with some of the sewing.  She made a little heart for me with a feathered arrow through it.  And then Eden helped Austin make me a card with a candy treat inside.  I think I was most touched by how much the kids helped each other with their thoughtful gifts.

It was a wonderful day even though I spent every free moment washing laundry and packing for our trip to California.  We left bright and early Sunday morning.

No comments: