Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Doctor Duty

On Thursday November 10 I had the other three kids tested for allergies. I decided it would be better to know and change everyone's diet now than regret it later.

We were in the waiting room for a while.


But the kids kept themselves entertained.


Unfortunately, Austin was still hurting pretty bad.  He laid on the couch in the office looking miserable. The sweet secretary took good care of him while I watched the other kids get their blood drawn.  We had Dallin go first.  He was so mature and brave.  Too bad he almost ended up on the floor.  The nurse caught him in time and held him up until he became coherent enough to move to a chair.  He ended up being green for about an hour after.  Cameron did a little better.  She shed a few tears and felt a little shaky but Eden was the big surprise.  I was expecting drama from my drama queen.  She cried a little but then she was done and ran out to the car while the rest of them hobbled and held on to railings.

At least we know now what to expect if Dallin ever has to give blood again.

1 comment:

Ross and Kathy said...

LOL! The other day I saw the dermetologist to have skin cancer treatment. She warned me that I might feel faint. I thought, "Are you kidding me", after all I've been through. But, resistence to feeling faint only comes from lots of lousy,painful life experiences.