Monday, November 7, 2011

River Boat Tour

Thursday morning I called Ryan's mom to see how things were going.  She asked me if Evelyn had been clapping before I left.  I said, no, and she told me she was feeding Evelyn just then and Evelyn was clapping.  It's amazing how much she grows every day.  It's hard to miss little things like that.  But Sheri said the kids were doing really well and the baby was happy and everything was fine.  So I decided we would stay for the last day of our trip.

Once again we met up with Tag-A-Long Adventures and headed out for a jet boat tour on the Colorado River.  Of course we had to stop to see some more petroglyphs.  They're all over southern utah but no matter how many we see they're still fascinating.




We dressed really warm for this boat trip.  We weren't expecting to get wet but it was hailing when we got on the bus so we figured better safe than sorry.  Fortunately the rain cleared up just as we got on the boat and we had a really nice trip.


This was our boat driver/tour guide.


Our first stop was to see some petrified wood.





We continued on till the river entered the border for Canyonlands National Park.


This is the view of Dead Horse Point from the Colorado River.  A few years ago we drove to Dead Horse Point with the kids.  It was July and hot and the kids didn't want to get out of the car to check out the view.  I remember looking way down at the river and thinking how cool it would be to be on the river looking up at Dead Horse Point.  And here I am!  It's amazing how life can come around like that.


I love spending time with Ryan, just the two of us.  He's my best friend.